deleted storage account while a disk existed in it RRS feed

• Question

• I deleted a Storage Account while it still had a 1 TB disc allocated in it.

Is the disk still usable? If so, how do I manage it?

How do I delete the disk?

If I do not delete the disk will I be charged forever?

gclink

• Edited by gclink Wednesday, May 30, 2018 4:01 PM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 3:16 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, once a storage account is deleted, there is no way to recover it.

Deleting a Azure Storage account is an irreversible action. But still there is an option to avoid accidental deletion of storage accounts by settings locks to your account. 

For more details, referLock resources to prevent unexpected changes”.

Refer this link to delete the disk .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on  your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by Sandeep BR Wednesday, May 30, 2018 4:48 PM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 4:48 PM
  • Hey ,

Just checking in to see if the above suggestions helped or you need further assistance on this issue.

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 7:36 PM
  • I need help. I still have not been able to delete that disc.

gclink

Sunday, April 21, 2019 8:51 PM
  • You don't need to delete the disk. It's already deleted. By deleting the storage account, you automatically deleted all of its content

hth
    Marcin

Sunday, April 21, 2019 11:08 PM
  • No, it is not deleted. It is still mounted to one of my virtual machines. I can read and write to it. I cannot, or do not know how to dis-mount it, or better yet delete it. It is somewhere in mid west USA. My virtual machines are in Europe. It is mounted on the same virtual machine that I was using when I create the disk. If I were to delete the virtual machine I reckon I would never be able to find the data disk again.

The Storage account that I create it in originally is deleted.

Any ideas would be appreciated,

George

gclink

• Edited by gclink Monday, April 22, 2019 9:53 PM
    Monday, April 22, 2019 9:35 PM
  • Hi George,

You cannot have a virtual machine in Europe with the disk residing in a storage account in the US...

Pls post the screenshot that illustrates what you are describing

hth
    Marcin

Monday, April 22, 2019 9:52 PM

• gclink

Sunday, April 28, 2019 3:05 PM
  • The  screen capture image (upper part) shows two Data Discs , both attached to the same virtual machine.

The First Disk "Workspace" is External ( which must also mean it is unmanaged?) This is the problem disc.

The Second one is "WorkspaceMount" and is Standard ( as so probably managed?)

The image ( lower part) shows the message I get when I try to detached "Workspace". It says the 'data disk Workspace cannot be detached or deleted through the lab as it was created or updated externally'. I created "Workspace", but accidently deleted the storage account it was created in …

One of the early links I got from this message board stated the only way to find and delete disc "Workspace" involved writing a script .. ?

gclink

Sunday, April 28, 2019 4:01 PM