Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration : Forbidden (403)

Question

• When running Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration, I receive the following

Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration : Forbidden (403). (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80190193)

The error message box is as follows:

[Window Title]
    Developer License

[Main Instruction]
    We couldn't get your developer license for Windows 8.1

[Content]
    Error 0x80190193: Forbidden (403).

[Retry] [Close]

Saturday, November 16, 2013 2:56 AM

All replies

• try it later again?

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Saturday, November 16, 2013 1:18 PM
  • I've tried multiple times over the last month
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:26 AM
  • Hi,

Try to run the command prompt as administrator!

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:48 AM
  • I've tried combinations of the following

• as an administrator
    • with a local account
    • with a live account
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 5:21 AM
  • I don't know if this helps, but I found that to run Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration on Win8.1 tablet, it was not sufficient to be running PowerShell in an administrator account.  I had to select the PowerShell tile in Start Screen, and choose "run as administrator" on the app bar as well.  Then when I typed Show-WindowsDeveloperLicenseRegistration at the PowerShell prompt, everything went smoothly. 
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:12 PM