Using EdmGen.exe to pre generate views with Oracle and an edmmapping RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I wanted to pre-generate the views of our large edmx using the edmgen.exe (as specified here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/bb896240(v=vs.100).aspx) but the problem is that when I build, I get build errors such as "Member Mapping specified is not valid. The type 'Edm.Boolean[Nullable=False,DefaultValue=]' of member 'DISABLED_IND' in type 'PRODUCT_GROUP' is not compatible with 'OracleEFProvider.number[Nullable=False,DefaultValue=,Precision=1,Scale=0]' of member 'DISABLED_IND' in type ' ... " 

The config does have the

<oracle.dataaccess.client> 
    <settings>  
    <add name="bool" value="edmmapping number(1,0)" /> 
    </settings>
    </oracle.dataaccess.client>

and I am able to build successfully (without the pre-build instructions) even if VS2010 lists all those same errors.  As soon as I use edmgen.exe, that custom mapping seems to be ignored and I'm unable to get the views generated.

Is there something I need to specify somewhere to force it to take this mapping into consideration?

Thanks

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:06 PM

Answers

• Hello,

EdmGen.exe is a command-line tool used for working with Entity Framework model and mapping files to generate a C# or Visual Basic code file that contains the pre-generated views for an existing model. However, it will not consider the custom mapping set in .confie file.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Fred Bao Friday, April 25, 2014 6:58 AM
    Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:57 AM