Coded UI Test project template for Windows Store apps? RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I am running into an issue while working with Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015. I am trying to create a basic Coded UI test recording using the UIMap - Coded UI test Builder. When I try to record mouse clicks to either open folder locations in File Explorer or just use the calculator program, I keep seeing error messages stating the following: "To test Windows Store apps, use the Coded UI Test project template for Windows Store apps under the Windows Store node." The problem is that I am unable to locate a Windows Store Coded UI project option within Visual Studios. I have not been able to find a work around so that I can record basic mouse clicks within Windows 10 Enterprise.

FYI, my test environment is set up using a Virtual Box image with Windows 10 Enterprise OS (updated with latest updates). I have the latest Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 software installed with updates.

Any help troubleshooting this problem is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 10:50 PM

All replies

• Hi snowbird,

Please use the following screenshot to create Coded UI Test project (UWP or WP), because applications in Win10 OS are based on UWP platform such as calculator program. So we could not use the Coded UI template under the Test node. Coded UI template under Test node could be used to test Winform, WPF, Web application and so on.

But Coded UI for UWP and WP do not support recording, so we need to add the control one by one, then hand them by ourselves.

>>When I try to record mouse clicks to either open folder locations in File Explorer

If you want to record the actions on file explorer in win10, I think the coded UI template under Test node supports these actions.

The MSDN document about Coded UI for WP 8.1 Apps please refer to the following link:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn747198%28v=vs.140%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Oscar_Wu Friday, November 11, 2016 3:22 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Oscar_Wu Tuesday, November 15, 2016 8:38 AM
    Friday, November 11, 2016 2:35 AM
  • Hi snowbird,

Please feel free to let me know your latest results, thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 14, 2016 8:34 AM
  • Still, I am facing the above issue in windows 10.

Kindly Help us to resolve this.

And also we are very curious to know why this issue is coming frequently?

Monday, March 26, 2018 7:24 AM
  • Hi There ,

Even I'm facing the same issue.. can anyone help ?

Friday, May 11, 2018 8:48 AM