none
Looking for a function which manage two dates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all of you, primary platform is Framework 2.0 (Vb)

I got a date from a DateTimePicker control and then a date value from a system.time.now value, i.e:

Dim fechafinal As DateTime = CType(Me.txtFechaInicioOR.Text, Date)

Dim fecha3 As TimeSpan = fechafinal.Subtract(CType(Me.dtpFechaSalidaOR.Text, Date))

The first value equals "16/05/2012 20:57:05"

The second one equals "System.Windows.Forms.DateTimePicker, Value: 18/05/2012 21:04:17"

I can’t work out, I would like to get

Fecha3.days = 2

Fecha3.hours = n

And so on and forth

Thanks indeed for your help

Enric

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:08 PM

Answers

• Eric

If you want to handle date times than know what you want, 

Between 1999 and 2000 was at a certain moment the difference

A nanosecond, a millisecond a second, a minute, an hour, a day, a week, a month, a year, a century, a millenium

If you want to check from that the differences you have to subtract that kind of quantities

You can do that using the constructor and creating a comparable date in your case in VB

dim myFirstDate = CDate(TextBox1.tex)

Dim MyComparableFirstDate as new DateTime(myFirstDate.year, myFirsdate.month, myFirstdate.day, myFirstDate.Hour)

The same for your second but now you can direct take the value from your datetimepicer as that is a DateTime Type

Success
    Cor

• Marked as answer by Enric Vives Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:48 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 5:17 AM

All replies

• I am amazed, I have changed my code for this one and I get positive values but all of them are incorrect:

Dim fechafinal As Date = CType(Me.txtFechaInicioOR.Text, Date)
    Dim fecha3 As TimeSpan = CType(Me.dtpFechaSalidaOR.Text, Date).Subtract(fechafinal)
    fecha3.days = 1 ????? instead of 2

The first value equals "16/05/2012 20:57:05"

The second one equals "System.Windows.Forms.DateTimePicker, Value: 18/05/2012 21:04:17"

Enric

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:17 PM
  • Eric

If you want to handle date times than know what you want, 

Between 1999 and 2000 was at a certain moment the difference

A nanosecond, a millisecond a second, a minute, an hour, a day, a week, a month, a year, a century, a millenium

If you want to check from that the differences you have to subtract that kind of quantities

You can do that using the constructor and creating a comparable date in your case in VB

dim myFirstDate = CDate(TextBox1.tex)

Dim MyComparableFirstDate as new DateTime(myFirstDate.year, myFirsdate.month, myFirstdate.day, myFirstDate.Hour)

The same for your second but now you can direct take the value from your datetimepicer as that is a DateTime Type

Success
    Cor

• Marked as answer by Enric Vives Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:48 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 5:17 AM