none
Cannot drag-and-drop MS SQL 2014 database table to my Visual C# 2015 ASP.NET Project

Question

• any ideas on why this has happened? if this is not possible anymore, please advise on how am I gonna' make my tables be displayed on my project instead. thanks! on the attached picture, the highlighted table is what I am referring to.

thanks in advance!

Saturday, January 23, 2016 11:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you share us the detailed steps about how to repro this issue? It would be better if you could share us a screen shot about this issue?

(1)For example, I just create a default webform app using the VS2015 Enterprise version with update 1, and then add a new item, I will get the following options under "Data item template". 

I want to know that which item you add in your side if it is related to the database.

I select the LINQ TO SQL Classes, and then connect to a database in the server explorer windows, I could drop a table to the .dbml file

(2)If I drop a table to the .aspx designer file, it also works well in my side.

If I misunderstood this issue, it would be better if you could share me the detailed steps.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:54 AM
  • Any update?

Would you mind letting us know the latest information about this issue?

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 2:53 AM