none
Issues with Git in Visual Studio 2015

Question

• I am using Git as a configuration management tool for Visual Studio 2015.

I have done a branch switch on the master branch that has no modifications, and even if it is compared with the previous file, the modified contents are not recognized, but the file may be exposed as a modified file in the commit target list.

In this case, even if you cancel the change, you will not be able to cancel the change.

I have tried restarting the solution, and the same is true for TortoiseGit.

I have not had this problem with Visual Studio 2013, but I'm having problems with it.

If you have experienced this issue or have a solution, please share it.
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:51 AM

All replies

• Hi 달려라홍반장,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

As far as I know, after you created a new branch, and the focus is on the new branch, you need to confirm the modified contents is made on the new branch or the master branch. Please right click the new branch name or master and select View history to confirm it.

If you want to cancel some commits, you can select branch -> view history -> select a commit you want to go back -> reset -> rest and delete changes.

If you only want to cancel version for a certain file, you can select the file -> view history -> select a commit you want to go back -> reset -> rest and delete changes:

>>I have not had this problem with Visual Studio 2013, but I'm having problems with it.

Could you please provide the detail steps to reproduce this issue? I will try it on my side to check if this issue occurs in my VS or not, thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:50 AM