Help! Need to change a Sketchflow project from an .EXE project to a web project. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to this forum and to Sketchflow. While learning the tool, I put a current project that I'm working on into Sketchflow.  I now want to put it up on a web site for the client to review, but when I go to package the project, it packages it as an EXE instead of a web site. How do I change a project from EXE to a web project? I tried changing the Project Type to Library and changing the project GUIDS, but it created all kinds of errors when I tried to build the project.

I have a meeting with the client Wednesday and need to get it up in the next 24 hours for pre-review.

Help! Please?!?!

Thanks!

Steve
    Monday, March 8, 2010 4:28 AM

Answers

• If someone is reading through this and new to Sketchflow this topic is about the two types of Sketchflow projects you can make. If you want to put the sketchflow project up on the web it's best to start with a SILVERLIGHT project, if it's a Windows platform app (executable) you should start with a WPF sketchflow project..

Don Burnett
    Friday, March 12, 2010 1:16 AM

All replies

• As you probably have figured out you created a WPF SketchFlow project instead of a Silverlight SketchFlow project. Because they are different platforms, there is no automatic or super easy conversion between the 2 platforms. 

What might be easiest, is to open 2 instances of Blend, one with your project, the other with a new SketchFlow Silverlight project, and copy the content of each screen to a matching screen in the new project.

If you need help urgently with this, I can probably help faster if you email me questions at first.last@microsoft.com (with my name of course).

Monday, March 8, 2010 3:22 PM
  • Thanks, Chuck. Not the answer I'd hoped for, obviously, but I understand. I did what you suggested and after about 9 hours of work, I have a web project that pretty much works. I'm having some other issues however.

The fonts are messing up when I build and/or run the project.  The font looks fine in the designer (Buxton Sketch), but when I run the project it all changes to some kind of sarif font, like Arial or something.  I went to the font manager and tried to embed the Buxton Sketch font, but that seemed to make it worse. Where there only a few objects whose font was wrong, now all of them are wrong.

What am I doing wrong here?

After we get this fixed, I'll move on to my sample data issue...
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 8:28 PM
  • Hmm, hard to say without seeing the project.  Could you post it someplace or email it to me?
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:24 PM
  • not publicly. However if you email me at stevenpcharles [at] comcast.net, I'll email you the URL.

Thanks!

Steve
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:36 PM
  • If someone is reading through this and new to Sketchflow this topic is about the two types of Sketchflow projects you can make. If you want to put the sketchflow project up on the web it's best to start with a SILVERLIGHT project, if it's a Windows platform app (executable) you should start with a WPF sketchflow project..

Don Burnett
    Friday, March 12, 2010 1:16 AM