Container missing after updateContainers

Question

• I am using Listview as "StorageDataSource and GetVirtualizedFilesVector sample" in MSDN

https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Data-source-adapter-sample-3d32e535/sourcecode?fileId=52069&pathId=704816423

And I got the exception "Container missing after updateContainers." with the following steps:

1. Clear all photos in "Pictures" Library

2. Run the sample "scenario1 ProgrammaticListview" (no listview items now...)

3. Copy many images (20000+) to "Pictures" Library

4. Back to sample...and got exception although not 100%

Besides, I see using WinJS.UI.StorageDataSource(fileQuery, dataSourceOptions) as datasource of Listview, the Listview items would not been added correctly or not been added.

Need for help...

Nick

• Edited by UOW_Nick Tuesday, November 11, 2014 9:53 AM spell error
    Tuesday, November 11, 2014 9:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Nick,

Sorry I cannot reproduce the problem, I removed all images from picture library and run the app, the list view is empty, and then I put more than 30,000 images in the picture library and run the sample again.

I tried 10 times, but I still cannot see the exception. However "Container missing after updateContainers" sounds like update issue, how about clean the listview binding and rebind items to the listview?

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by UOW_Nick Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:08 AM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Nick,

Sorry I cannot reproduce the problem, I removed all images from picture library and run the app, the list view is empty, and then I put more than 30,000 images in the picture library and run the sample again.

I tried 10 times, but I still cannot see the exception. However "Container missing after updateContainers" sounds like update issue, how about clean the listview binding and rebind items to the listview?

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by UOW_Nick Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:08 AM
    Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:13 AM
  • I've tried this issue on more than 10 laptops and not all of them could duplicate this issue...orz.

Thanks Jamles. I'll try to rebind items.

Cheers,

Nick

Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:12 AM