Get live tile to also cycle through the default tile

Question

• I have support for pinning square secondary tiles.

The pinned tile shows my apps logo as well as relevant text for the pin. Now, I also added live tile support, and it cycles through 5 different tiles.

The issue however, is that it is not easy to understand what pinned tile the items being cycled through are for. What I'd like to do is also have it cycle through the default tile with the logo/text. Is there anyway to easily do this? Or will I have to create it as one of the tile types I send to the queue?

Sunday, November 04, 2012 5:43 AM

Answers

• This isn't automatic: the default tile shows only if live tiles aren't enable. If you want to show it as part of a live tile cycle you will need to add it as part of the cycle. You could also use a different template to include more identifying information about your app as part of the live tile.

--Rob

Monday, November 05, 2012 9:55 PM
    Owner

All replies

• This isn't automatic: the default tile shows only if live tiles aren't enable. If you want to show it as part of a live tile cycle you will need to add it as part of the cycle. You could also use a different template to include more identifying information about your app as part of the live tile.

--Rob

Monday, November 05, 2012 9:55 PM
    Owner
  • Does displaying the app name or logo (via the branding attribute) not suffice?
    Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:45 PM