none
Visual C++ ATL COM Outlook 2003 Addin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created an outlook 2003 addin using ATL VC++,i just want to know is there any way to create hyperlink programatically to store URL for e.g:

Meeting Name: Test 

Url: www.w3c.org 

I want to add hyperlink to the meeting name when sending mail invitation to meeting attendees. 

Regards,

Suraj

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:39 PM not using VSTO technology (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 12:40 PM

Answers

• Keep in mind that Outlook does not support HTML in contacts/appointments/tasks.

You can set the RtfBody property in Outlook 2010 or 2013, so (since you are using C++) you can set the PR_RTF_COMPRESSED Extended MAPI property.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.4 is now available!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have created an outlook 2003 addin using ATL VC++,i just want to know is there any way to create hyperlink programatically to store URL for e.g:

Meeting Name: Test 

Url: www.w3c.org 

I want to add hyperlink to the meeting name when sending mail invitation to meeting attendees. 

Regards,

Suraj

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 12:53 PM
  • do you want to add this inside meeting invitation's body? If so, obtain inspector for that meeting, check if it is using WordEditor and if so, QI WordEditor to Document interface from Word API and use HyperLinks collection there to add your hyperlink. You can also go route of manual manipulation of mail's contents by using HtmlBody (if body type is html)
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:15 PM
  • I think you can use _MailItem inetrafec for this which contain a method named as HTMlBody you can add your hyperlink to mail body.

Thanks

Rupesh Shukla

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:31 PM
  • Keep in mind that Outlook does not support HTML in contacts/appointments/tasks.

You can set the RtfBody property in Outlook 2010 or 2013, so (since you are using C++) you can set the PR_RTF_COMPRESSED Extended MAPI property.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.4 is now available!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 4:23 PM
  • Hello Suraj,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I think it would be better to raise this issue in Outlook for Developers forum.

I will move this thread to that forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Damon Zheng [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, November 9, 2012 6:00 AM