Cannot log in to FTP for Windows Azure Web Site RRS feed

• Question

• I created a Azure App service which is up and running.

Now I want to access the site using ftp (ws_ftp). I get an connection failure. 

My site and credentials are ok (copy paste them from the portal). However, when I download the "publish profile" and open it in notepad, it's empty.

Edit: When using IE instead of Edge I get the publish profile but using these settings stil gives me an connection failure

What can be the problem here?

Thanks, Mike

• Edited by Sp2010_Mike Monday, February 19, 2018 10:28 AM
    Monday, February 19, 2018 9:13 AM

Answers

All replies

• Did some digging. Now I can connect in my browser. But when I use the same settings in ws_ftp i get:

WINSOCK.DLL: WinSock 2.0
    WS_FTP Pro, Version 7.0, 2001.06.07
    Finding host ftp://waws-prod-dm1-xxx.ftp.azurewebsites.windows.net/site/wwwroot
    Connecting to 255.255.255.255:21
    Connect failure

Monday, February 19, 2018 10:47 AM
  • Check if you have configured any firewall rules for that particular ports.

In case if you haven’t tried, you may check and confirm with other FTP clients as well.

Also, reset your Deployment credentials and restart your web site once then retry.

You may want to refer Azure Web App: Connect to your site via FTP and upload/download files and Kudu Console.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, February 19, 2018 11:06 AM
  • Turned out to be an user error ;-)

I took "ftp://waws-prod-dm1-xxx.ftp.azurewebsites.windows.net" 

It must be: "waws-prod-dm1-xxx.ftp.azurewebsites.windows.net"

After changing that, it worked.

Monday, February 19, 2018 6:59 PM
  • Glad to hear that your issue is resolved!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:28 PM