none
Deploy application and licences etc RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i bought visual studio proffesional 2010 about two years ago. I start my business with web applications, so when i finished web site i just upload it to chosen webhosting sponsored by a customer.

What I found now is what if customer doesnt want hosting and want his web working on his own server ? Can i install MSSQL server on his computer and IIS or how does it even work to deploy application on my own ? Licences and steps for deploy ?

Same apply when i develop console application with MSSQL database or windows application. Do i have to buy some kind of licence for my customer ? Or is it covered with "free" MSSQL licence or my VS2010 licence? How to deploy this application?

I also did a few attemts to get Team Foundation Server software which was supposed to be part of my VS licence but i cant get it work. I also tried to contact microsoft support to ask about how to get licence to TFS because i dont have product key printed on my VS. But it was supposed to be part of it.

Im really confused about this and i cant get to offer my customer a price if i dont know this licence confusion. I already did some web searching with not much success. I only think you have to install MS windows server to install application under IIS ? or web application only ?

Thanks for answers and any help with this

Saturday, February 1, 2014 7:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Daniel

>>Same apply when i develop console application with MSSQL database or windows application. Do i have to buy some kind of licence for my customer ? Or is it covered with "free" MSSQL licence or my VS2010 licence? How to deploy this application?

Visual Studio 2010 license will allow you to devlop your application and distribute your application on else where, it is the same with SQL Server.So if you are developing the application on your OS,that is OK. If you want to install the two products on customer's machine, they should have the license to install.

If you customer do not need to install SQL Serve, you can install SQL Server on their Server Machine.

For more details about deploy web application, please open a new thread on :

http://forums.asp.net/26.aspx/1?Configuration+and+Deployment

That forum is more appropriate for your issue.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 3, 2014 5:05 AM