Bulk publish packages RRS feed

• Question

• I have an app called Baby Book for parents to store memories. The app is published in several languages, and every so often when I update it in Dev Center, I need to write/copy the descriptions, screenshots, keywords and all other meta info about the app.

This requires quite a bit of work due to many languages, so I've been wondering if there is a way to include all the descriptions in different languages to WMAppManifest? Or a feature coming up that would make Visual Studio build a package which includes the XAP, descriptions and the screenshots all in one file that I could upload to Dev Center which would parse and fill the app submission forms for me?

Thanks!

- Timo

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 10:18 AM

Answers

• I'm moving to the Store publishing forum to see if they provide anything like this.  There's not AFAIK.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Teosd1 Thursday, August 7, 2014 8:16 AM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 7:10 PM
  • Hello Teosd1,

If you build an app package from scratch or change the support languages this will result in the Dev Center discarding the meta data.

-Eric

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 3:39 PM

All replies

• I'm moving to the Store publishing forum to see if they provide anything like this.  There's not AFAIK.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 7:10 PM
  • Also, if there is no functionality like this, how does the Dev Center evaluate if it discards all meta data that existed and requires new?
    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 2:51 AM
  • Hello Teosd1,

If you build an app package from scratch or change the support languages this will result in the Dev Center discarding the meta data.

-Eric

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 3:39 PM
  • Thank you for your answer!

I got a bit confused by English and English (EN-US).

Still it would be great to be able to incorporate all the meta and imagery in the project itself.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 8:16 AM