Bam portal showing http 404 error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When i open BAM portal in our QA server it works fine, i can see all views and activities,

But, when i open in my local system it gives "HTTP 404 error" - "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

There is no error in event log, 

Anonymous Authentication , ASP.Net Imersonation and Windows Authentication are enabled

Here is screenshot of .net authorization rules specified.

The same is working fine in Development server.

I think it is some IIS issue.

Thanks,

Sarvasetty.

Thursday, December 11, 2014 4:45 AM

Answers

• Yes its correct as you are trying to access QA BAMPortal from your local Environment  and your User ID will not have been proper rights to access QA BAM Portal :)

So you need to keep your User ID in BAM Portal User Group on QA Environment  as well as member of BizTalk related groups as well .

Thanks

Abhishek

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, December 17, 2014 1:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, December 19, 2014 2:47 AM
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 3:58 PM
  • "HTTP 404 error" as the error says is resource issue not an authorization issue. I think you're missing some files required for BAM portal. Rerun the BizTalk configuration tool, remove the BAM portal and rerun it again to install the BAM portal from scratch again.

Also ensure you have the relevant .NET framework version is set in Application Pool which is used by your BAM portal

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Thursday, December 11, 2014 6:14 PM

All replies

• Can you provide additional details such as

1. Are you accessing the portal through an NLB IP?
    2. Are you accessing the portal through the FQDN?
    3. Are you accessing the portal through a user who has access to the Portal (during setup did you specify a Group or User A/C for BAM Portal User Group)?

404 is Authorization related as BAM Portal requires "Integrated Authentication".

Is the Application pool under which the BAM portal is hosted running? IS it a member of the IIS_IUSRS group?

Regards.

Thursday, December 11, 2014 10:27 AM
  • Yes its correct as you are trying to access QA BAMPortal from your local Environment  and your User ID will not have been proper rights to access QA BAM Portal :)

So you need to keep your User ID in BAM Portal User Group on QA Environment  as well as member of BizTalk related groups as well .

Thanks

Abhishek

Thursday, December 11, 2014 3:58 PM
  • "HTTP 404 error" as the error says is resource issue not an authorization issue. I think you're missing some files required for BAM portal. Rerun the BizTalk configuration tool, remove the BAM portal and rerun it again to install the BAM portal from scratch again.

Also ensure you have the relevant .NET framework version is set in Application Pool which is used by your BAM portal

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Thursday, December 11, 2014 6:14 PM