none
Having trouble with Applescript RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

Someone directed me here from: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-msoffice_custom/issues-with-applescript/c3ac6e54-2222-4e33-8d35-a8cfc50e7f42?msgId=a1294745-0f2b-4b9d-84f1-17f4ae32fd01

I'm having issues with Applescript working properly for a number of commands...

Here are some examples:

tell application "Microsoft Word"

execute find find text "hello"

end tell

The resulting response is: 

error "Microsoft Word got an error: Can’t continue execute find." number -1708

Another example:

tell application "Microsoft Word" to page scroll down 1

And the result:

error "Microsoft Word got an error: Can’t continue page scroll." number -1708

Does anyone have an idea what is going on? Is my applescript incorrect or am I missing something else?

I have also tried making a script and placing it in ~/Library/Application\ Scripts/com.microsoft.Word and tried calling it from a macro using AppleScriptTask:

Sub hello()

Dim myScriptResult As String

myScriptResult = AppleScriptTask("pagescroll.scpt", "myapplescripthandler", "my parameter string")

End Sub

on myapplescripthandler(paramString)

#do something with paramString 

tell application "Microsoft Word" to page scroll down 1

display notification paramString

return "You told me " & paramString

end myapplescripthandler

And I get the following issue: https://fud.community.services.support.microsoft.com/Fud/FileDownloadHandler.ashx?fid=0264c181-e56e-4d34-9ae5-2b34571662c8

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Harold

Friday, January 6, 2017 4:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I do apologize that this forum is for Windows OS. We could not offer support for issues about AppleScript. I suggest you ask in Apple forum which should support AppleScript.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day! 

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 9, 2017 2:35 AM