Internet Explorer 8.0 New Session Not Working!!! RRS feed

• Question

• We are testing a web application which redirects to a page with no address bar or menu. In order to stress test user logins or any concurrent user actions for that matter, we need to open a new session of IE8 each time a virtual user tries to log in or perform any other activity.

We have used the new session feature provided by IE8, also tried adding

·          –nomerge or –noframemerging at the end of the target in the iexplore shortcut

·         Merging and FrameMerging to the  HKCU\software\microsoft\internet explorer\main FrameMerging = DWORD:0

HKCU\software\microsoft\internet explorer\main SessionMerging = DWORD:0

HKLM\software\microsoft\internet explorer\main FrameMerging = DWORD:0

HKLM\software\microsoft\internet explorer\main SessionMerging = DWORD:0)

however none of the above works. All above works on my colleagues’ desktop with the exact same version of IE8 and settings. So we can rule out the website does not allow such behaviour.

Monday, June 13, 2011 4:16 PM

Answers

• If your OS is 64-bit, my first guess is to include those registry values in HKLM\software\wow6432node\microsoft\...etc...

Other than that, you could also load the default user hive in to HKU, and include the registry keys there.  I'm presuming that the virtual users would have their own registry settings spawned from the default, and thus may not be using the keys you set in HKCU.

• Marked as answer by Yanping Wang Friday, July 8, 2011 3:22 AM
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:16 PM

All replies

• Turn off tabbed browsing.
    Rob^_^
    Monday, June 13, 2011 10:50 PM
  • If your OS is 64-bit, my first guess is to include those registry values in HKLM\software\wow6432node\microsoft\...etc...

Other than that, you could also load the default user hive in to HKU, and include the registry keys there.  I'm presuming that the virtual users would have their own registry settings spawned from the default, and thus may not be using the keys you set in HKCU.

• Marked as answer by Yanping Wang Friday, July 8, 2011 3:22 AM
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:16 PM
  • Was there ever a resolution to this issue? I am having the same problem and have tried all the above.

Thanks

Friday, October 7, 2011 3:15 PM