Meeting Workplace - Extending invitations RRS feed

• Question

• I have a meeting workplace sharepoint site setup, have configured a calendar, synchronized it with outlook, and have poked a bit at it with adding /deleting meetings.

All attendees are intended to be allowed to edit the calendar as they please to add / delete / cancel meetings.

As they will likely be doing just that, is there a way to set up the calendar so that meeting invitations / cancelations are automatically sent to all (or a selectionof) members on the attendees list?

Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:30 PM

Answers

• Hey Cheshire43.

Unfortunately SharePoint just doesn't work that way OOTB, you can only do something like with a custom feature.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Molskow SharePoint Architect - If I solved the issue please propose my reply as the answer - Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:37 AM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 6:28 PM

All replies

• Hey Cheshire43,

If you train your users to link to an existing meeting workspace, the workspace you created, then all invited parties will be added to the attendees list, i.e. the Outlook and the SharePoint list would be synchronized.  Is that waht you need to do?

I hope that helps!

Tom

Tom Molskow SharePoint Architect - If I solved the issue please propose my reply as the answer - Thanks!
    Monday, October 25, 2010 4:07 PM
  • Thanks Tom,

Specifically what I'm after is if someone adds or deletes a meeting in the Calendar on the Sharepoint site, it will send meeting requests/cancelations to all people in the members list.

Monday, October 25, 2010 6:07 PM
  • Hey Cheshire43.

Unfortunately SharePoint just doesn't work that way OOTB, you can only do something like with a custom feature.

Thanks!

Tom

• Marked as answer by Seven M Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:37 AM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 6:28 PM