visual studio lightswitch - Search Parameters RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a table with the following fields

person_no - int

person_name - string

person_dob - date

I need to build a search screen in lighswitch with parameters: person_no, year_of_birth.

Typical query would be select * from person where person_no = @person_no and year(person_dob) = @year_of_birth

but how this can be achieved in lightswitch??

Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:46 AM

Answers

• You can use the <QueryName>_PreprocessQuery method in the Write Code drop down to write a custom LINQ expression that compares the Year portion of a date property to an integer query parameter. Note that the PreprocessQuery method is only available for global queries and not for screen queries.

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, September 23, 2013 3:13 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:12 AM

All replies

• Please see Beth's How Do I: Create Custom Search Screens in LightSwitch? video where she describes how to build a custom search screen.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:51 AM
  • thanks for the reply.

I have seen the video but the parameter year(person_dob) = @year is not dealt.

it appears that there is not straight forward approach for this requirement.

regards, laks.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:06 AM
  • You can use the <QueryName>_PreprocessQuery method in the Write Code drop down to write a custom LINQ expression that compares the Year portion of a date property to an integer query parameter. Note that the PreprocessQuery method is only available for global queries and not for screen queries.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, September 23, 2013 3:13 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:12 AM