none
Upgrade service wthin Applicaton

Question

• HI, 

If i have a application made up of 10 services, what is the best way to upgrade a single service?

The only way i've managed to do it, is by redploying the entire application that contains the change to the single service, but this seems like a bad way to do this as it takes ages to upload the application package?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Saturday, May 25, 2019 9:25 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

If i have a load of services running on a Service Fabric Cluster is there a way to show which applications have a more recent version than the current active application. I want to know this so that i can prestage the deployment of the new versions of the applications, this could be 1 app or could be 10 and then i want to trigger a rolling upgrade for all new apps?

I hope this makes sense?

Thanks

Saturday, May 25, 2019 9:34 AM
  • Oh my God
    I have also encountered this problem
    If you find an answer for that, also inform me
    Sunday, May 26, 2019 9:27 AM
  • If you want to update a service, the correct way to do so is to update the application as a whole. Otherwise, if you want to update a single service at a time you should put each service into it's own application. 
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 7:36 PM
  • Any update on this thread?

If a answer was useful, please remember to upvote and "Mark as answer" so others in the community can easily find it. 

Friday, May 31, 2019 6:55 PM
  • Hi,

There is no way AFAIK to upload only a diff between versions... You have to upload whole package (makes sense, if You consider, that You can always remove older images (uploaded packages) and still be able to create a new app instance from what you have)

But if You change the version of only one service in the manifest, only the one service will be redeployed during application upgrade. 

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 2:56 PM
  • I'm not sure what You're trying to achieve, but you can get all the information using powershell.

After connecting to service fabric you can get the applications (Get-ServiceFabricApplication return all apps and its application types (name and version). 

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 3:06 PM