none
Selenium C# and SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know how to setup my Selenium C# test to test a Sharepoint 2013 web applications. From what I understand, Selenium should be able to test SharePoint applications, correct?  Is there any special setup, outside of getting the selenium libraries from the nuget package in Visual Studio 2013?  How does Selenium handle application with Silverlight?  

Please assist. Thank you.

Antwan

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 4:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Antwan Maddox,

>>Is there any special setup, outside of getting the selenium libraries from the nuget package in Visual Studio 2013?
    If you don't want to get the selenium libraries from the nuget package in Visual Studio 2013,  please download the libraries from Selenium official site. And then add this libraries into your test project.
    http://docs.seleniumhq.org/download/

>>How does Selenium handle application with Silverlight?
    As far as I know, Selenium is not support Silverlight. If you want to test Silverlight with Selenium, please try with Silvernium coponent. More information please refer to following thread which shared some tutorial about test Silverlight application. Hope that can help you.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9224943/how-can-automation-testing-on-silverlight-using-selenium-be-done

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, December 31, 2015 10:12 AM