none
FSLogix App Masking - wildcard possible for a specific sub-string in the path? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

As I understand it, it's only possible to use a wildcard (*) for a full segment of the path and not for a sub-string. (see also FAQ FSLogix troubleshooting guide in the bottom or official documentation about application masking rules variables and wildcards in rules).

Is this correct? A possibility to do this anyway?

We use a certain pieces of software that get updated very often (at least weekly). The installation path of this software always contains the version number of the application.

My Hiding Rule would be in the form of: %SystemDriveFolder%\ApplicationName.aa.bb.cc\.

But the newer version of the application would be located in the folder %SystemDriveFolder%\ApplicationName.aa.bb.dd

As we have multiple applications that use these version numbers, it would make things much easier if I were to use a hiding rule in the form of "%SystemDriveFolder%\ApplicationName.*\, but this doesn't work.

The only alternative is to change the Rule in FSLogix after the installation of a new version. Or are there any other options?

(FYI, I don't have control over the installation directory, this seems to be built-in by the application guys ...)

Thanks

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 8:48 AM