System.ExecutionEngineException occuring on fetching contacts in windows phone 8.1 xaml

Question

• I am creating an windows phone 8.1 xaml application . In which it takes phone contacts and populated in a list.

I used the following codes to implement this.

var contactStore = await ContactManager.RequestStoreAsync();

var contacts = await contactStore.FindContactsAsync();

It works good in testing with emulator with less number of contacts. But while testing with real device i breaks after calling FindContactsAsync method.

And i am getting this exception

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' occurred in Unknown Module.

Why this happening? And note that in my phone there are about 1000 contacts.

Please help!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:13 AM

All replies

• Does the debugger call stack show the source of the exception?
    ...If so, please post the call stack.

Does it work if you limit the number of contacts returned by specifying a search string?

Eric Fleck, Windows Store and Windows Phone Developer Support. If you would like to provide feedback or suggestions for future improvements to the Windows Phone SDK please go to http://wpdev.uservoice.com/ where you can post your suggestions and/or cast your votes for existing suggestions.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 3:56 PM
  • How we can limit the number of contacts picked? 

I only found that  'FindContactsAsync' method has only two choice. One is fetching all contacts and other one is searching by number or name.

In my application I need sync all contacts from the phone. So it is not something like search . Also the time it will take to get all contacts from the phone is much greater that that of Windows Phone Silverlight contact api .

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 4:57 AM