none
[MS Access 2k3] ODBC connection show some tables on a login and full tables on the other knowing they have same privileges RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I use MS Access 2k3 to access some ODBC tables, I have 2 logins, one works very well, the second, newly created do not show all tables...

I checked and both of them have same level privileges

What I'm missing, please?

Thanks

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Admin-Dev,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please show me the steps to reproduce your scenario? I think we are hard to trouble shooting your issue via your description.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:38 AM
  • Oki,

in MS Access:

File -> Open

Type of files -> ODBC Databases

Machine DataSource -> Data Source Name (you choose your the one that you need)

Oracle ODBC Driver Connect will ask you for your logins

Once done you will see the tables in this DB and I cannot see them all, but others tried with the same process (but with their logins) succeeded

Thanks

Friday, June 15, 2012 3:57 PM
  • This sounds like a security issue in Oracle.  You don't have the same security privileges against the tables as the other users.

For the benefit of others, please mark posts as answered or helpful when they answer or assist you in finding the answer. "Don't confuse fame with success. Paris Hilton is one; Helen Keller is the other." - with apologies to Erma Bombeck for changing her words.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:45 AM
  • Made tons of tests and I think this is the only guess that is left...

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:25 PM