none
Updating Assembly RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting the below error

Cannot update assembly "Ibox.UNEDIFACT.Schema.Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=80215a4d2c7d27cd" because it is used by assemblies which are not in the set of assemblies to update.
    To update the assembly, remove the following assemblies:
    Ibox.UNEDIFACT.CODECO.Orchestration, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c2b75473905cc951
    Ibox.UNEDIFACT.CODECO.Schema.Output, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=25e0df2c8e275ea4
    Ibox.UNEDIFACT.COPARN.Orchestration, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=85ff001d1947da91
    Ibox.UNEDIFACT.COPARN.Schema.Input, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a371ccdd598242aa (mscorlib)

Regards, Vivin.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:26 AM

Answers

• Kindly advice what has to be done to deploy the application without any error.

You have to deploy the entire app as a whole.  That's it.  Meaning all the Assemblies have to be removed and (re)deployed together.  There is no way around this.

If you Deploy from Visual Studio, the deployment drive will take care of all this.  You may have to add the Schema.Common Project to the this Solution if it's not already.

• Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:40 AM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:32 AM

All replies

• The error message is very clear "Cannot update assembly "" because it is used by assemblies which are not in the set of assemblies to update."

You're trying to update Ibox.UNEDIFACT.Schema.Common on it's own.  You have to update the entire app as a whole.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:38 AM
  • Hi,

You could solve this issue when you use versions in your assemblies. But then you would need to redeploy a whole new version 1.1.0.0 including schemas, maps, orchestrations, etc.

What works for us:

1) Every time you deploy a new version of your application, increment the version number (since the assemblies are GAC'ed, BTS supports side by side versioning). Any custom assemblies which are changed should also be versioned.

2) After deploying to your new Application to your local BizTalk, edit the resources to ensure that the correct (latest) versions of all referenced assemblies and bindings etc are up to date (remove old ones, add new ones).

3) Your common application will now contain both old and new versions of the assemblies. Newer versions of your 'client' applications will use the later version of your base / framework / common application.

4) Once all dependent applications have been upgraded, you can then remove the old version.

Rachit

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:46 AM
  • This is the structure of my solution

COARRI.Orchestration
    -COARRI.Schema.Input
    -COARRI.Schema.Output
     -Schema.Common

CODECO.Orchestration
    -CODECO.Schema.Input
    -CODECO.Schema.Output
     -Schema.Common

COPARN.Orchestration
    -COPARN.Schema.Input
     -Schema.Common
    -COPARN.Schema.Output

I deploy only orchestration of CODECO,COARRI,and COPARN. The other projects i just build them and add as resource to the applicaiton.

I have application for CODECO and COARRI up and running. Now i made some changes to Schema.Common for the COPARN applicaiton and tried to deploy the COPARN.Orchestration and got the error "Error saving map. Stored procedure returned non-zero result".

So i tried to refresh the Schema.Common in the admin console [which is available in the COARRI application].

Kindly advice what has to be done to deploy the application without any error.

Regards, Vivin.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:20 AM
  • Kindly advice what has to be done to deploy the application without any error.

You have to deploy the entire app as a whole.  That's it.  Meaning all the Assemblies have to be removed and (re)deployed together.  There is no way around this.

If you Deploy from Visual Studio, the deployment drive will take care of all this.  You may have to add the Schema.Common Project to the this Solution if it's not already.

• Marked as answer by Vivin Muthu Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:40 AM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:32 AM
  • You have to reversion the assembly and deploy or , you will have to delete the existing version (Including all the maps orchestration referring to it) and redeploy.

On similar lines(Not the same):

http://psrathoud.wordpress.com/2013/12/02/biztalk-error-failed-to-add-resources-resource-typeyour-assembly-name-is-already-in-store-and-is-either-associated-with-another-application-or-with-another-type/

• Proposed as answer by SOS 111 Thursday, October 9, 2014 4:01 PM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:21 PM