Does windows metro style app support microsoft fake frmawork. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know that Visual Studio Ultimate 2012 RC now includes Microsoft Fakes 2011.

But I want to be sure that it is supported for metro style apps as well.

Please point some links which explains that Microsoft Fake can be used for metro style app.

Thanks,

Metro

Saturday, June 16, 2012 4:35 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I finally got an answer on this. At this point we do not support Fakes for Metro-style development, but we do intend to address that post RTM.

As an alternate solution you may make a portable class library, put your code in there and use fakes against this. Your view logic will still be unfakeable and untestable but you probably won't be unit testing that anyway. This may have the unintended side effect of causing you to properly separate your view from your models as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alejandro Campos Magencio - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
     If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

Friday, June 22, 2012 7:34 AM

All replies

• Checking this out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, June 18, 2012 10:16 AM
  • Hi Alejandro Campos Magencio,

Have you go a chance to verify it, I want to be sure whether it is supported or not for metro style app.

For me it seems not to be working for a metro style app.

Please provide your feed back.

Thanks

Metro

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:16 AM
  • Hi,

I raised the question internally, but I haven't got an answer on it yet. As soon as I hear from this, I'll include the answer in this forum post.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:13 PM
  • Hello,

I finally got an answer on this. At this point we do not support Fakes for Metro-style development, but we do intend to address that post RTM.

As an alternate solution you may make a portable class library, put your code in there and use fakes against this. Your view logic will still be unfakeable and untestable but you probably won't be unit testing that anyway. This may have the unintended side effect of causing you to properly separate your view from your models as well.

Friday, June 22, 2012 7:34 AM
  • Hi Alejandro,

We're on VS2012 Update 3 CTP, and I've noticed this still does not work. Are there still plans to support Fakes for Windows Store apps? If so, when can we expect to see this? 

As you may know, Windows Store apps are *sorely* in need of a mocking framework due to the missing Emit namespace and I'm desperate for a solution.

Thanks for your time!

GaryJohnson

Thursday, May 9, 2013 1:48 PM
  • Yes, please provide some updates on this.  We would like to consolidate on using Microsoft Fakes for our WPF and WinRT XAML UI controls.

actiprosoftware.com - Professional WPF, WinRT, Silverlight, and WinForms UI controls and components

Thursday, May 9, 2013 2:48 PM