none
Creating the Binding-Object is very slow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i'm using the proxy classes to access to exchange. Everything works fine, but creating the binding-object for the first time takes long time (over 1400 milliseconds). Every following creation is very fast.

How i create the binding-object:

Dim myExchange As New ExchangeServiceBinding()

The ExchangeServiceBinding-Class was created by VS2005 itself (description: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb408520(v=exchg.140).aspx).

Is there something that i can do, to speed it up?

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 10:48 AM

All replies

• GambaJo,

First off, I strongly suggest that you use the EWS Managed API 1.1 for your EWS development if you are doing .Net development. The object model is much easier to use than the auto-generated proxy classes. And it has an IntelliSense file to accompany it.

In general, you shouldn't instantiate the binding class very often since it should be used repeatedly. Try using the ExchangeService class in the EWS Managed API and see how that compares.

Here is the documentation for the EWS Managed API.

With regards,   

Michael | Microsoft Exchange SDK

The Exchange Development Forum Guide has useful information for using the Exchange Development Forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 7:30 PM
  • My problem is, that i have to work with VS2005 (company rule). And for the EWS Managed API i have to use VS2008 or higher (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=c3342fb3-fbcc-4127-becf-872c746840e1). I don't know, when we will change to VS2008 or VS2010. It's not my dessision.

I think the problem isn't, that i instantiate the binding class to often, because only the first time is very slow. When i instatiate it the second, the third and so on time, it is very fast. I traced it with the Stopwatch-Class. The first time it takes over 1400 milliseconds, and the folowing times neraly 0 milliseconds.

Maybe i should instantiate it while the application is starting for the first time, so the user don't notice it while the appilication is running.

Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:48 AM