none
Can not start Virtual Machine from Hyper-V - A problem has been detected........ RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have got a Windows 2008 R2 server that is running Hyper-V but I am having problems when I try to start my Virtual Machine. The startup fails and shows the following blue screen error message:-

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruusus on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drived or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF789EA94,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

The Virual Machine has only just stopped working and was previously working for a few months.

Please can you provide some assistance as we can not find a solution to this. I have searched online, without success. The only possible solution I had found was to change the storage controller to IDE, but this is already set.

Thanks in advance.

Gary

Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:18 AM