none
Report Processing Was Canceled Message - but report still comes up RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

For some strange reason I see a message saying "Report Processing Was Canceled" when I open a report, but its only there for a second or two, the the report comes up.  I dont see the green spinning ring at all.  I did some searching but didnt find anyone else with this issue.

Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportParameter() {Parameter1, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4, Parameter5, Parameter6, Parameter7})
    Me.ReportViewer1.SetDisplayMode(Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.DisplayMode.PrintLayout)
    Me.ReportViewer1.ZoomMode = Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ZoomMode.PageWidth
    Me.ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()

am I doing something in the code above to make it do this?
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 11:31 PM

Answers

• Setting the ZoomMode is causing it to cancel rendering which started when you set the DisplayMode. Set the ZoomMode before SetDisplayMode, and you'll get "spinny" back.

Nick Allen, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by DigitalFusion Friday, September 26, 2008 5:26 PM
    Friday, September 26, 2008 12:44 AM
  • When you call RefreshReport, you implicitly cancel any existing operations.  SetDisplayMode will cause the report to render in the new mode.  So your code is essentially starting a rendering with SetDisplayMode then canceling it and restarting it with RefreshReport.  Essentially, you don't need the RefreshReport call.

Friday, September 26, 2008 3:18 PM

All replies

• Setting the ZoomMode is causing it to cancel rendering which started when you set the DisplayMode. Set the ZoomMode before SetDisplayMode, and you'll get "spinny" back.

Nick Allen, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
    Friday, September 26, 2008 12:44 AM
  • When you call RefreshReport, you implicitly cancel any existing operations.  SetDisplayMode will cause the report to render in the new mode.  So your code is essentially starting a rendering with SetDisplayMode then canceling it and restarting it with RefreshReport.  Essentially, you don't need the RefreshReport call.

Friday, September 26, 2008 3:18 PM
  • thanks guys!
    Friday, September 26, 2008 5:27 PM