none
Need to reboot RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

with my installation (WinXP SP3, VS2005SP1, WinCE600R2) every 3 complete compilations of a OS design I need to switch off and on the PC !!

Building I receive the error: 'C:\WINCE600\build.log(1) : error SYSGEN0000: error(s) in sysgen phase' and there is no way to solve. With Build, Rebuild, Clean I always receive the error.

Is only my problem ?

Thanks

SteMMo
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 1:19 PM

All replies

• Post your build.log file.

But it is really odd, indeed.

Thursday, September 2, 2010 1:36 PM
  • That is the build.log !!

C:\WINCE600\build.log(1) : error SYSGEN0000: error(s) in sysgen phase

SteMMo
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 1:53 PM
  • Are you saying that you opened the file C:\WINCE600\build.log and that is what it contained?  The reason that At0s and I are questioning this is that the message you are posting is usually in c:\WINCE600\build.err and may be in the output in Visual Studio, but the log should have more.
    Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:00 PM
  • Sounds like a possible problem with multiprocessor build (e.g. multiple build threads aren't synchonized properly with appropriate statements in your sources files).  That can cause clean builds to always fail, and incremental builds to sometimes fail.  It can show up on one PC and not another.  Rebooting the PC shouldn't have any impact on this though.  The actual build output will give more clues.

You could test this theory by setting BUILD_MULTIPROCESSOR=1 in your build environment before building.

Dean Ramsier eMVP BSQUARE Corporation
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 2:34 PM
  • Another possible suspect is your AV...

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
    Check out my blog: http://guruce.com/blog

GuruCE
    Microsoft Embedded Partner
    http://guruce.com
    Consultancy, training and development services.
    Friday, September 3, 2010 5:20 AM
  • This is what happens:

CESHELL_COMPONENTS= ceshapi ceshui taskbarlist
    SHCORE_COMPONENTS= shcore path
    WCESHELLFE_MODULES= control ctlpnl cplmain AdvBacklight connpnl intll stdwavefiles
    \WINCE600\build.err

BLDDEMO: There were errors building MiniEosSi14

MiniEosSi14 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

The build.err file contains:

C:\WINCE600\build.log(1) : error SYSGEN0000: error(s) in sysgen phase 

and the last rows of the build.log contain:

C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\CESYSGEN>NMAKE /nologo C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\LIB\ARMV4I\DEBUG\0409\crypt32.res 1>nul 

C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\CESYSGEN>NMAKE /nologo C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\LIB\ARMV4I\DEBUG\0409\cursor2.res 1>nul 

C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\CESYSGEN>NMAKE /nologo C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\LIB\ARMV4I\DEBUG\0409\cursor8.res 1>nul 

C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\CESYSGEN>NMAKE /nologo C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\LIB\ARMV4I\DEBUG\0409\dssdh.res 1>nul 

C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\CESYSGEN>NMAKE /nologo C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\LIB\ARMV4I\DEBUG\0409\eventlog.res 1>nul 
    Impossibile eseguire il programma specificato.

C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\CESYSGEN>NMAKE /nologo C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\LIB\ARMV4I\DEBUG\0409\eventlogmsgs.res 1>nul 

C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\CESYSGEN>NMAKE /nologo C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\LIB\ARMV4I\DEBUG\0409\fatutil.res 1>nul 

C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\CESYSGEN>NMAKE /nologo C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\LIB\ARMV4I\DEBUG\0409\filesys.res 1>nul 
    ... a lot of output ...
    C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\CESYSGEN>NMAKE /nologo C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\LIB\ARMV4I\DEBUG\0409\waveapi.res 1>nul 

C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\CESYSGEN>NMAKE /nologo C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\LIB\ARMV4I\DEBUG\0409\wldap32.res 1>nul 
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'for' : return code '0x1'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\WINCE600\sdk\bin\i386\nmake.exe' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.

Michel: i don't have AV (antivirus?)

SteMMo
    Friday, September 3, 2010 2:05 PM
  • Does it always fail on this same line?

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
    Check out my blog: http://guruce.com/blog

GuruCE
    Microsoft Embedded Partner
    http://guruce.com
    Consultancy, training and development services.
    Friday, September 3, 2010 11:59 PM
  • Do those files with those specific paths exist in your installation (e.g. C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\LIB\ARMV4I\DEBUG\0409\eventlog.res)? 

Dean Ramsier eMVP BSQUARE Corporation
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:02 PM