none
OneDrive cannot connect to Windows / 2019 RDS Environment with FSLogix RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we are using FSLogix in a Windows Server 2019 RDS Environment (Office & Profile Container).
    Everything works great, but sometimes i get the following error on some random user profiles:

OneDrive cannot connect to Windows
    Files on Demand requires a connection to Windows in order to show your files without taking up space.....

I can choose to 'try again' or 'download files' but non of both works. Sign off and on again doesn't solve the problem. Rebooting the server in a downtime also doesn't get this solved.

Deleting the FSLogix Profile or reinstalling the OneDrive Client (Machine Installation) works.

I have the most recent Windows Updates, FSLogix and OneDrive Client installed (Production Ring).

Is this a OS, OneDrive or FSLogix bug?
    I know this error from my Windows 10 Enterprise Desktop. While this is annoying too, a restart solves the problem for the moment.

Thank you in advance,
    Chris

Monday, October 21, 2019 1:07 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same problem with Windows 10 Insider Preview. Already 2nd time for the past month I'm getting this problem after OneDrive update (no FSXLogix). Reboot not helping. Service is running. Uninstalling -> Rebooting -> Installing again works.

Seems Microsoft has broken something in OneDrive or Windows Subsystem itself.

Friday, November 1, 2019 8:01 AM
  • I am seeing the same behavior as well running a similar configuration with the latest patches, clients, etc.  I am running the latest Production client and may step back to whichever version is currently approved for Enterprise use.
    Monday, December 23, 2019 8:50 PM
  • Have you seen the following support article. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/-OneDrive-cannot-connect-to-Windows-error-when-accessing-files-in-OneDrive-7c5b675f-555e-4aa1-b4d8-554698c2c2b9  Is it possible that your cldflt driver is not starting?
    Monday, December 23, 2019 9:52 PM
  • I am also seeing this behavior with a similar configuration.  Just applied December 2019 patches and even tried the Enterprise ring OneDrive update slated for 1/6/2020 release, and we are still seeing the error.  It's preventing us from going ahead with the production deployment of our farm.
    Thursday, December 26, 2019 6:51 PM
  • I am also getting this issue on RDS 2019, it has been happening sporadically for a while.

A system reboot seems to resolve it, also, it only happens on one of my rds servers in the farm
    Friday, January 10, 2020 2:25 PM
  • We're having the same issue it seems.  We're in the early stages of testing this new environment.

Are there any steps to resolve this other than rebooting the server?  We're 24/7 so draining/reboot is not desirable.

Any suggestions from the FSLogix team?

Friday, January 17, 2020 4:57 PM
  • Hi all, 

We have been working on RDS 2019 with FSLogix for some months but are not able to get it stable. 
    We are running the latest versions of FSLogix and OneDrive. 

Our long ongoing issues with FSLogix is OneDrive stability:

- OneDrive Files on Demand feature not available (option is just not there)
     - OneDrive "Cannot connect to Windows" message (also files on demand related) 
     - OneDrive causes 0KB with 1980 date for synced Sharepoint sites (should be resolved in earlier release but still happens) 

For all who have experienced the same and managed to resolve, please let us know! 

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 4:07 PM
  • Hi all, 

We have been working on RDS 2019 with FSLogix for some months but are not able to get it stable. 
    We are running the latest versions of FSLogix and OneDrive. 

Our long ongoing issues with FSLogix is OneDrive stability:

- OneDrive Files on Demand feature not available (option is just not there)
     - OneDrive "Cannot connect to Windows" message (also files on demand related) 
     - OneDrive causes 0KB with 1980 date for synced Sharepoint sites (should be resolved in earlier release but still happens) 

For all who have experienced the same and managed to resolve, please let us know! 

@erik - we're having the exact same issues here.  We have a case open as well, but its been very slow moving and no real resolutions so far.

I am wondering if the missing FoD feature is in any way related to the pop up saying OneDrive Cannot connect to Windows?
    Tuesday, February 18, 2020 3:43 PM
  • Hi all,

while the error is still officially not resolved, the problem is gone for the moment for us.

We are running the latest production version of OneDrive 19.232.1124.0005 and the latest FSLOGIX release from Nov.2019. I've deleted the whole FSLogix Profile for the small number of users who were facing this issue. The Problem is gone since then.

Thursday, February 20, 2020 7:21 AM