locked
Ssrs reports from bids s server: different results RRS feed

  • Question

  • User632751675 posted
    Hi,

    I am new to ssrs and bids. I am finding that when i run a report from bids , he results are different than if i run them from the server where they were deployed.
    The bids reports are correct but the server reports are not. I have deleted the server reports in question and redeployed, but i still have the same problem. What could cause this?
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:56 AM

Answers

  • User632751675 posted

    I found that I had two datasets and after removing one, I think everything looks good.  

    thanks

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:41 PM

All replies

  • User-219423983 posted

    Hi maggiemays,

    I am finding that when i run a report from bids , he results are different than if i run them from the server where they were deployed.

    The bids reports are correct but the server reports are not.

    Since I’m not sure how you build your SSRS, you could first have a look at following link to check whether you have some issues during the process.

    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms167305.aspx

    The following link provides a demo about SSRS in BIDS and you could have a look.

    http://ssrstutorials.blogspot.jp/2012/07/lesson-4-creating-your-first-ssrs.html

    Back to your issue, you’d better make sure you load the same data source and then check whether there’re some different SQL query with different conditions. If your issue still exists, you could share what you have done and detailed differences between the two operations.

    Best Regards,

    Weibo Zhang

    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 9:48 AM
  • User632751675 posted

    I found that I had two datasets and after removing one, I think everything looks good.  

    thanks

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:41 PM