none
Matching Face Tracking ID to Body Tracking ID RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I am able to get relevant face data from the face frame reader.

I am also able to get relevant body data from the multiframereader.

How do I go deciding which body a face belongs to?

Friday, November 14, 2014 10:28 PM

Answers

• Hi vifed,

The face frame reader is associated with a body frame through it's body tracking id. Thus if you have a body frame, and the body is tracked in that frame, the face frame you acquire is from that tracked body frame. This is done when you associate the faceframe reader's trackind id.

Now if a body leaves the view of the Kinect, or the Kinect looses tracking of the body, it is possible the Kinect will give the body a new tracking id- which means the face frame reader should now be associated with a new tracking id. (If you've correctly followed the samples and programming patterns).

It is up to you to come up with a way/algorithm to determine if a particular user whose body tracking was lost and then regained and now has a new tracking id - to reassociate or synchronize with your previous data in your application.

Sr. Enterprise Architect | Trainer | Consultant | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer |blog: http://dgoins.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by vifed Monday, November 17, 2014 4:11 PM
    Saturday, November 15, 2014 6:22 AM