none
How to force double sided printing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All........

I wish to force double sided printing of a sheet, no matter which printer it is printed on (assuming it's a modern printer and has that option).

My "Macro Recorder" only shows the following, not giving the "force 2 sided" option.

Sub PrintQuotesheetTwoSided()
        ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True, _
            IgnorePrintAreas:=False
    End Sub

How do I get there from here please?

TIA

Chuck, CABGx3

Chuck, CABGx3

Sunday, July 17, 2016 10:37 PM

Answers

• There is no feature to set the duplex property.  As far as I know there is no general purpose solution.  What I did for one company was to install a duplicate print driver with a different printer name and set that one to print duplex.  Some printers offer com addins that might allow this option.  I seem to remember that Ricoh had one.
    • Marked as answer by CABGx3 Monday, July 18, 2016 4:17 PM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 12:36 AM

All replies

• There is no feature to set the duplex property.  As far as I know there is no general purpose solution.  What I did for one company was to install a duplicate print driver with a different printer name and set that one to print duplex.  Some printers offer com addins that might allow this option.  I seem to remember that Ricoh had one.
    • Marked as answer by CABGx3 Monday, July 18, 2016 4:17 PM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 12:36 AM
  • Thanks for the response.

Not the answer I was looking for obviously, but thanks for the truth.

Regards,

Chuck, CABGx3

Chuck, CABGx3

Monday, July 18, 2016 4:20 PM
  • If you use win32 commands you may be able to print duplex.

Monday, July 18, 2016 8:34 PM
  • Thanks, but that's beyond my pay grade.......lol

I'll just come up with some workaround, like a msgbox "This will print one sided, pre-set printer if you want double sided", or something like that.  Or maybe, can find out how by using SendKeys.

Chuck, CABGx3

Chuck, CABGx3

Monday, July 18, 2016 9:49 PM
  • Thanks for the heads up - that works well - and in Word and presumably other VBA enabled Office programs as well as Excel.

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com

Monday, March 27, 2017 12:12 PM