In VS2003 project I am having a difficulty referencing Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.dll RRS feed

• Question

• User-1682007629 posted

I am working on a project that references the Microsoft Application block. Specifically it references the dll named Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.dll

When I build the application I get the following error message from the compiler:The referenced component 'Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data' could not be found.

I am baffled, because I do reference this dll under the references section of my project. It appears under the references section as: Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data

I have tried removing the reference by selecting Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data and then right clicking on the name. I then select remove from the popup menu.

Once again I try re-adding the reference by right clicking on references and selecting : Add Reference... Once I do this though, I get a popup dialog box that gives me the following error message: A reference to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Intranet\QMSApp\bin\Framework Components.dll could not be added.
    A reference to the component 'Framework Components' already exists in the project.

So I don't understand what the problem is here?? The DLL file Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.dll actually does exists in a few more places under my Intranet folder. I have tried referencing those dll's as well but the same problem occurs. If someone could help me out here, I would deeply appreciate it.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 8:03 PM

All replies

• User-1682007629 posted
    I have resolved this bug. Thanks !
    Thursday, June 15, 2006 3:31 PM