none
Exchange Server 2010, how to get in Outlook and OWA a sequential incrementing number for each message sent and received RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Each Exchange message in or out already has a unique message ID so you may not need to add your own, but I have replaced (with exchange 2010) an old non Microsoft email server, who was creating and displaying a sequential incrementing number for each message sent and received.

Please, could you advise how to get in Outlook and OWA a sequential incrementing number for each message sent and received with Exchange Server 2010?

Thank you

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Monday, November 18, 2013 1:28 AM Moving to more appropriate forum
    Sunday, November 17, 2013 4:14 AM

All replies

• This is not a scripting question.  You cannot get this in Outlook or Exchange.  You can  only get the unique message ID which is pretty much an industry standard.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:40 AM
  • Hello!

I have downloaded "Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1 Transport Agents SDK October 2010" but I am not a programmer. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.exchange.data.transport.email.emailmessage_members.aspx

Where could i post this question?

Thank you

Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:33 AM