none
Microsoft Kinect Device not appearing in my Device Manager RRS feed

• General discussion

• I installed the Kinect SDK Beta 2 in my computer (which operative system is Windows 7) then I connect my Kinect (for Xbox) to my computer and it says in the Device Manager that the Microsoft Kinect Audio Array Control and Microsoft Kinect Camera are working but it doesn't say anything about the Microsoft Kinect Device like it is suppost to. My Device Manager also reads the Kinect USB Audio under the Sound, Video and Game Controllers section. However the green LED on the Kinect blinks when I connect it to the computer as it is suppost to. I have already uninstalled the Kinect SDK Beta 2 some times and uninstalled its drivers and reinstalled all of it again and it still has the same problem. I installed the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2010 Express  and the Netframework 4 and also the Microsoft DirectX® SDK - June 2010 and it's Runtime and it still does the samething. So what can I do for the Microsoft Kinect Device to appear in the Device Manager???

Dylan8slb

Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:00 AM

All replies

• Dylan, what are you expecting to see, it sounds like its all working, have you tested the microphone as suggested in the Quickstart installation videos?, since if its working then all should be fine.

If you don't know about the quick start series go  here: http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/KinectQuickstart

P.S I suggest you remove the beta version and load the latest 1.7 SDK and its samples and toolkit.

Cheers. 

Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:01 PM
  • What if the led on the kinect is red ? 
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:15 PM