Cannot open database requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user. RRS feed

• Question

• From @apayero, Alberto T. Payero via Twitter

I used VS2015 to publish my web site and now I have this error: Cannot open database requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

can you help to fix te error for processing, with team viewer? On PC it works fine but error happens when publishing.

Over DM

Thanks,
    @AzureSupport

Sunday, January 17, 2016 1:32 PM

All replies

• Hello,

A few questions: What kind of VS project are you developing? Could you verify that the connection string points to the right database when deploying the website?

Thanks,

Luis

Friday, February 12, 2016 7:21 PM
  • Make sure to allow the client firewall for your application from the database server

Also, you can try adding a Data Connection to your Web App: enter image description here

You can see the connection string on the portal if you navigate to the SQL Database, your connection string should look like:

Server=tcp:yourserver.database.windows.net,1433;Database=yourdatabase;User ID=yourlogin@yourserver;Password={yourpassword};Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Connection Timeout=30;

You can view the Server admin login on the portal as wellenter image description here

Rami Sarieddine Technical Evangelist

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:02 PM