none
use button to enable Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController in simulation RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to enable the Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController at the start of the simulation.  I have used part of the example in vpl 4, and I have tried adding a data box after the simple dialog to convert the o/p from a string to a bool which the Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController needs to enable it.  There are no errors but the alert dialog with the ok button doesn't appear.  Please help.

Monday, October 21, 2013 2:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have found 2 errors when I try and run the VPL program

Partner service enumeration failure Partner Name SerialCOMService

and

Service failed second phase of start Calling Shutdown 

I have made sure everything is unblocked

what have I not done now?

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:13 PM
  • Have you properly connected the Parallax controller? Is it on? Have you set the COM port correctly? These are quite essential for this to run and it seems it cannot start the SerialCOMService so one of these might be the issue.
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:19 AM
  • yes they have been set, but I am trying to run Eddie in simulation using the Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController.manifest.  It shouldn't be using the SerialCOMService.
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:28 AM
  • sorry, I typed the name wrong it should be ReferencePlatform2011.Simulation.manifest and it doesn't mention SerialCOMService anywhere.

Mark

Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:46 AM
  • whenever Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController  is used in any Simulation, SerialCOMService is called when the vpl program is run. Which makes the program fail. what now?

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:12 AM
  • The Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController service is meant to communicate with *actual* hardware. What exactly are you trying to do with it? Perhaps you mean to use the SimulatedReferencePlatformRobot?
    Friday, November 8, 2013 5:52 PM