none
Error 5947: Cannot change document template RRS feed

• Question

• I have a macro that was written using Word 2003 and is now being run in Word 2010. A user is having the macro abort with the satement

theDoc.AttachedTemplate = ""
    is executed when the 5947 (Could not change document template). A littel investigation has revealed that it appears to be related to his security level as he cannot use the document inspection feature of Word 2010 to remove the template. Is there a way around this problem wihtout changing his security level to minimal.
    Monday, December 20, 2010 3:40 PM

All replies

• Hello Blane,

Thanks for posting. From what you said, it seems that there is a macro which could run fine in Word 2003, and do not run in Word 2010. If I understand you correctly, would you mind sharing this macro with us? So I could use it on my side to reproduce this issue and do some research on it. Merry Christmas to you. :-)

Bessie Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, December 24, 2010 11:46 AM
  • The macro is actually a template. Is there a way to attach files in this form. I could send it to you.

Monday, December 27, 2010 12:49 PM
  • A macro is code that is stored either in a template or a document.  If you access the Visual Basic Editor, (and if the template is not protected) you will be able to copy and paste the code into a message that you post to the forum.

Alternatively, you can send me a copy of the template.

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"Blane245" wrote in message news:4f3171b7-0238-4c36-9d82-e87e912989f5@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

The macro is actually a template. Is there a way to attach files in this form. I could send it to you.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Monday, December 27, 2010 1:57 PM