none
My Kinect studio can't connect ro Kinect App&Sensor RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using kinect SDK v1.7 , I successfully installed the SDK to my Windows,but when I attached kinect to PC, "Microsoft Kinect Audio" driver can't be installed,

and then, open the Kinect studio.Can't connect to KinectApp & Sensor.

Friday, May 24, 2013 10:25 AM

Answers

• Kinect Studio recognize the KinectApp& Sensors that are running, so, you should first start an application from kinect toolkit browser and then start kinect studio, it will recognize the kinect and the app. For the message "Microsoft Kinect audio" driver cant be installed, you should try to plugin the kinect again, or just deinstall and install the kinect sdk again.
    Friday, May 24, 2013 11:06 AM
  • What operating system and which USB2 host controller are you connected to on the system? Is that shared with any other device? Can you confirm the Kinect for Windows Camera, Audio Array Control, Security Control and USB Audio devices appear under the USB hub associated with that host controller? You can get this information by using Device Manager and from the View menu, select "Devices by connection". Then expand the tree of devices.

When are you seeing the error with regards to the driver? It appears that you missed the SDK install. Can you verify the actual steps you took to install the SDK and the Toolkit?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/develop/developer-downloads.aspx

The SDK, drivers and runtime are part of the SDK installer and the Toolkit contains the various samples and the Kinect Studio. Did you install both? 

Friday, May 24, 2013 5:33 PM

All replies

• Kinect Studio recognize the KinectApp& Sensors that are running, so, you should first start an application from kinect toolkit browser and then start kinect studio, it will recognize the kinect and the app. For the message "Microsoft Kinect audio" driver cant be installed, you should try to plugin the kinect again, or just deinstall and install the kinect sdk again.
    Friday, May 24, 2013 11:06 AM
  • What operating system and which USB2 host controller are you connected to on the system? Is that shared with any other device? Can you confirm the Kinect for Windows Camera, Audio Array Control, Security Control and USB Audio devices appear under the USB hub associated with that host controller? You can get this information by using Device Manager and from the View menu, select "Devices by connection". Then expand the tree of devices.

When are you seeing the error with regards to the driver? It appears that you missed the SDK install. Can you verify the actual steps you took to install the SDK and the Toolkit?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/develop/developer-downloads.aspx

The SDK, drivers and runtime are part of the SDK installer and the Toolkit contains the various samples and the Kinect Studio. Did you install both? 

Friday, May 24, 2013 5:33 PM