Terminate session from sharepoint hosted html app RRS feed

• Question

• with a lightswitch html app deployed to SharePoint (auto-hosted) is there a way to terminate the session after a time ~ 10 minutes ?

I can catch the timeout on the client and call a javascript function - which can use ajax to call into the web api, however I don't see anything on the ServerApplicationContext object that relates to session.

Thx

MrP

Friday, November 8, 2013 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You may have a look at the blod below:

Build Modern Business Productivity Apps with Visual Studio LightSwitch

In this article we’ll take a look at some of the new features in Visual Studio LightSwitch that help you build modern, mobile, business productivity apps. Both session and sharepoint are included in the article.

Hope it helps.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hi MrP,

Do you want to use LightSwitch ServerApplicationContext API? If so, I'd like to suggest you to read the blog below :

A New API for LightSwitch Server Interaction: The ServerApplicationContext (Joe Binder)

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lightswitch/archive/2012/11/19/a-new-api-for-lightswitch-server-interaction-the-serverapplicationcontext.aspx

It introduces that the Visual Studio Team have offered to these scenarios involved custom RIA services or using “dummy” entities to pass messages between the client and middle-tier. It was cumbersome and complex. We’ve added a simple but powerful API to the LightSwitch middle-tier to address some these scenarios in the near-term—the ServerApplicationContext.

In addition, there is another blog will be helpful to you too.

Using the LightSwitch ServerApplicationContext API (Matt Evans)

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lightswitch/archive/2013/04/15/using-serverapplicationcontext.aspx

Please let me know if I have misunderstood you.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, November 11, 2013 7:01 AM
  • I am trying to terminate the session on the server after a period of inactivity, there is nothing in the serverapplicationcontext that pertains to that, of which I can see.

the server.session is always null as well - so I 'd like to know if there is a way to do anything with the session on the server?

thx

Monday, November 11, 2013 3:59 PM
  • Hi,

You may have a look at the blod below:

Build Modern Business Productivity Apps with Visual Studio LightSwitch

In this article we’ll take a look at some of the new features in Visual Studio LightSwitch that help you build modern, mobile, business productivity apps. Both session and sharepoint are included in the article.

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 9:21 AM