How to use options from Tools, Options dialog in targets of project? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, All

I have created option page use manual from http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/OptionsPageDD. It functionality works fine. But now I want to use options from this dialog in MSBuild targets in project. For example I have created own "Build" target and I want to use options from options page in "Condition" attribute.

How can I pass options from options page to any MSBuild target in project?

Thanks
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Xaba,

Based on my understanding, you want to get some properties from Options Pages. If so, you can try to DTE.Properties() to get properties from Options Pages. But some property pages in the Options dialog box do not support automation. The property pages that do support automation are listed in Determining Names of Property Items in Tools Options Pages. I don't know where is the "Condition" attribute you said.

For more information about how to use DTE.Properties, please see DTE Properties Collections .

If I misunderstood you, or you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Nancy
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Monday, March 1, 2010 6:25 AM
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Xaba,

Based on my understanding, you want to get some properties from Options Pages. If so, you can try to DTE.Properties() to get properties from Options Pages. But some property pages in the Options dialog box do not support automation. The property pages that do support automation are listed in Determining Names of Property Items in Tools Options Pages. I don't know where is the "Condition" attribute you said.

For more information about how to use DTE.Properties, please see DTE Properties Collections .

If I misunderstood you, or you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Nancy
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Monday, March 1, 2010 6:25 AM
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 8:23 AM
  • Hi,

If my reply does not help you, please feel free to unmark it and update this thread.

Best Regards,
    Nancy

Monday, March 1, 2010 6:25 AM