How to deploy in local machine and after put the files to the server via FTP? RRS feed

• Question

• User1991482975 posted

Hi, i guess i have some issues with internet connection or other issues that i do not know, i only know that each time that i try to deploy with visual studio my web site at certain point the deploying goes in error and i got this :

2>Nouvelle tentative d'exécution de l'opération 'Serialization' sur l'objet sitemanifest (sourcePath). Tentative n° 2 sur 10.

Erreur    3    Échec de la tâche de déploiement Web. (Web Deploy a rencontré un problème de connexion avec le serveur et a dû mettre fin à la connexion. Si le problème persiste, contactez votre administrateur de serveur.  Pour en savoir plus : http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#ERROR_CONNECTION_TERMINATED.)        0    0    HairCollection3

i would love to know if there is a way to deploy my website in local and after i wll upload it with FTP which workks very well!!!

Help please!!

Friday, June 3, 2016 7:57 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

You need test it first before deploy it to production server.

The following example specifies the default automatic instance name for LocalDB, you don't need configure username and password:

<add name="ConnectionStringName"
        providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"
        connectionString="Data Source=(LocalDB)\v11.0;AttachDbFileName=|DataDirectory|\DatabaseFileName.mdf;InitialCatalog=DatabaseName;Integrated Security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True" />

Regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:59 AM

All replies

• User-1315512054 posted

Hello,

Yes, when choose "Publish Web site" you must type/select a local folder, by example "C:\temp\my-project". After publishing just copy the files from there via FTP on the remote server.

Regards

Friday, June 3, 2016 8:48 AM
  • User1991482975 posted

Hi, i opened my visual studio, i clicked on DEPLOY and i am creating the new profile.

I choose Method of pubblkication = WEB DEPLOY

How to fill the following ?

Server :

Site Name :

User Name :

Password : 

Destination URL :

Friday, June 3, 2016 8:56 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

You need test it first before deploy it to production server.

The following example specifies the default automatic instance name for LocalDB, you don't need configure username and password:

<add name="ConnectionStringName"
        providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"
        connectionString="Data Source=(LocalDB)\v11.0;AttachDbFileName=|DataDirectory|\DatabaseFileName.mdf;InitialCatalog=DatabaseName;Integrated Security=True;MultipleActiveResultSets=True" />

Regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:59 AM