none
SharePoint 2013 - WSPBuilder web-parts error RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to SharePoint. I have SharePoint 2013 server installed on one server and vs 2010 on another pc. I am using WSPBuilder (SharePoint WSP tool) to create web parts. I have installed the WSPBuilder (SharePoint WSP tool) on my pc and created a web part using wspbuilder. My web part will contains only text message. The web part is successfully builed and comined. It will generated the .dws file. I have uploaded this .dws file on SharePoint 2013 server. When I try to access the .dws file, I am getting the below error.

The file you imported is not valid. Verify that the file is a Web Part description file (*.webpart or *.dwp) and that it contains well-formed XML.

Can any one help me?

Friday, April 19, 2013 11:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for sharing the question here.

Based on my understanding, you will not be able to create SharePoint 2013 web part in VS 2010, as VS 2010 web part template is mapped to 14 folder, but in SharePoint 2013, we used 15 folder instead.

It would be better to use VS 2012 instead, you can use app in SharePoint 2013, and deploy it remotely.

More information, How to: Create app parts to deploy with apps for SharePoint:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fp179921.aspx

Thanks,

Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:19 AM