MVC 32 bit application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an 32 bit MVC application which compare two ecel sheet and generate a report. Its working fine in local.But when its get published and accessed from different machine which is having Visual Studio its working.But system whis is not having visual studio,its not working.I am not able to trace where I am wrong.Please help me out.

Shubho

Thursday, March 12, 2015 12:21 PM

Answers

• You need to install/register the connectivity components so that you can open a connection to the excel spread sheets. You will need to download and install the correct driver. Based on your error message it probably could be resolved with this: Microsoft 2007 Access Driver.

If that does not work just google your error message you provided above, I immediatly received these 2 links that are also of interest. More help can be given if you also include your connection string and what version of Excel you are trying to use to open the files (ie. xls or xlsx).

-Igor

• Proposed as answer by IWolbers Monday, March 16, 2015 12:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kristin Xie Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:23 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 5:44 PM
  • Hi,

I am getting following error:-

'microsoft.ace.oledb.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Shubho

Hi Shubho,

I have made this error before. Referfing this discussion helped me a lot.

Please also take a look.

HOW TO: FIX ERROR - "the 'microsoft.ace.oledb.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine"

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Kristin Xie Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:22 AM
    Friday, March 13, 2015 6:15 AM
  • Hi Shubho,

You will need to download and install the access driver which can be found here.

Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable

That will fix the exception you are getting.

-Igor

Friday, March 13, 2015 10:04 AM

All replies

• Please define "not working".

• Is there an exception being generated somewhere that you could share or maybe there is something in the event log.
    • If this has something to do with an IIS error or other web site related exception being generated or web site not loading then you should post your question at Asp.Net Forums.

-Igor

Thursday, March 12, 2015 12:54 PM
  • MVC issues you be addressed at the MVC section main the ASP.NET forum.

http://forums.asp.net/

Thursday, March 12, 2015 1:42 PM
  • Hi,

Shubho

• Edited by Shubho_Simple Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:54 PM change
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:54 PM
  • You using Access with an MVC solution is a problem out the gate. Access is not a mutil user database solution for a Web application, and I see database corruption problems for you if multiple users are hitting the Access database concurrently using the MVC solution. You should be using at the very least MS SQL Server Express with the database file attached to the SQL Server database engine that allows concurrent user access.
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 5:15 PM
  • Hi,

try to install all updates for the host.

or install VS and remove it.

It can be a problem with .NET FRAMEWORK VERSION or Missed DLLs

• Proposed as answer by Ismaiel AKKA Thursday, March 12, 2015 5:33 PM
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 5:33 PM
  • You need to install/register the connectivity components so that you can open a connection to the excel spread sheets. You will need to download and install the correct driver. Based on your error message it probably could be resolved with this: Microsoft 2007 Access Driver.

If that does not work just google your error message you provided above, I immediatly received these 2 links that are also of interest. More help can be given if you also include your connection string and what version of Excel you are trying to use to open the files (ie. xls or xlsx).

-Igor

Thursday, March 12, 2015 5:44 PM
  • Hi,

try to install all updates for the host.

or install VS and remove it.

It can be a problem with .NET FRAMEWORK VERSION or Missed DLLs

@Ismaiel: Based on the OP's response it is most likely caused by a missing ole driver that was never installed. 

It probably has nothing to do with updates, or an incorrect .net framework installation. Also why would anyone install Visual Studio (and then also later remove it) on a client or IIS host machine?

These suggestions do nothing more than create a run around for the OP and provide no insight or direction to what the problem is.

-Igor

Thursday, March 12, 2015 5:53 PM
  • Hi,

Shubho

Hi Shubho,

I have made this error before. Referfing this discussion helped me a lot.

Please also take a look.

HOW TO: FIX ERROR - "the 'microsoft.ace.oledb.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine"

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Kristin Xie Wednesday, March 25, 2015 11:22 AM
    Friday, March 13, 2015 6:15 AM
  • I am using two connection string for .xls and .xlsx

connectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" +
                            path + ";Extended Properties=\"Excel 8.0;HDR=Yes;IMEX=2\"";

connectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=" +
                            path + ";Extended Properties=\"Excel 12.0;HDR=Yes;IMEX=2\"";

Shubho

Friday, March 13, 2015 7:19 AM
  • Hi Shubho,

You will need to download and install the access driver which can be found here.

Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable

That will fix the exception you are getting.

-Igor

Friday, March 13, 2015 10:04 AM