Exploit SQL Injection RRS feed

• Question

• User-1392375537 posted

Hi All,

Exploit SQL injection thru login screen by passing the below input parameter to password textbox.
            test'; SELECT * FROM Products; --

It triggers an SP with the parameters passed. But, the problem was with a single quote. I passed a single quote (test') but the trace shows two single quotes(test''). It automatically adds another single quote.

exec valdtUser_SP @usrName=N'testuser', @usrPwd=N'test''; SELECT * FROM Products; --

If I remove the single quote from the SP parameter (test'') then it works fine. Finding it difficult to remove it from the password textbox.

It should be like this

exec valdtUser_SP @usrName=N'testuser', @usrPwd=N'test'; SELECT * FROM Products; --

Can anyone help me to get it done.

Thanks in advance.

Anand

Saturday, September 23, 2017 8:17 PM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

It feels like you are trying to prove you could do a SQL injection attack while the code is likely written to be immune or at least hardened against that. This is your own code ? The C# side uses a SqlCommand with parameters ?

Saturday, September 23, 2017 8:47 PM
  • User2103319870 posted

kka_anand

I passed a single quote (test') but the trace shows two single quotes(test'')

You can escape single quotes in sql server by doubling it i.e pass test'' from your textbox

exec valdtUser_SP @usrName=N'testuser', @usrPwd=N'test'''; SELECT * FROM Products; 

if you dont need the single quotes, then you can use Replace Function to remove it 

Saturday, September 23, 2017 8:51 PM
  • User-1392375537 posted

Hi A2H,

I already tried by doubling it like test''; SELECT * FROM Products;

It triggers with four single quotes.

exec valdtUser_SP @usrName=N'testuser', @usrPwd=N'test''''; SELECT * FROM Products; 

Didn't get an idea on how to pass Replace function thru textbox.

Thanks,

Anand

Saturday, September 23, 2017 9:11 PM
  • User753101303 posted

Could you please tell us if the C# side uses a SqlCommand with parameters?

My understanding is that you are attempting a SQL injection attack against code written to avoid it.

Saturday, September 23, 2017 9:54 PM
  • User-1392375537 posted

Hi PatriceSc,

Yes, it uses SqlCommand with parameters.  I want to do sql injection without changing the code.

Code:

Database sqlDBase = GetSQLDB();
    DbCommand dbCmd = sqlDBase.GetStoredProcCommand("valdtUser_SP");
    sqlDBase.AddInParameter(dbCmd, "@usrName", DbType.String, userAuth.UName.Trim());
    sqlDBase.AddInParameter(dbCmd, "@usrPwd", DbType.String, userAuth.PWD.Trim());
    DataSet dataSet = sqlDBase.ExecuteDataSet(dbCmd);

Thanks,

Anand

Monday, September 25, 2017 9:13 AM
  • User753101303 posted

Using parameters is precisely a way to counter SQL injection attacks. It ensures that the string value is properly quoted and escaped. So I don't think you can (unless maybe if  the SP uses dynamic SQL).

Monday, September 25, 2017 10:55 AM