Customize Share Contract

Question

• Hi,

in my previous Windows Phone 8.0 version I used ShareLinkTasks and EmailComposeTasks. I migrated to an universal app and implemented a Share contract. Unfortunately it seams to be quite unpredictable which provided information is used in the apps. In the ShareLinkTask it was possible to provide a title, a link and a message. Facebook app seams to use the link information only. Is there a way to get at least as much control as one had in ShareLinkTask? Am i missing something? Is there a way to use ShareLinkTask and EmailComposeTask in Windows Apps?

Thanks

Hans-Peter

Sunday, May 11, 2014 12:27 PM

Answers

• In Windows Store Apps it is responsibility of application that is ShareTarget (in your case Facebook app) accept data do whatever it wants. This is done to make sharing independent of consumer. So you do not have control over how other app behaves. For email you may try mailto protocol based integration which will for sure invoke mail client.

refer http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_mailto

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Please 'Mark as Answer' if my post answers your question and 'Vote as Helpful' if it helps you. Happy Coding!!!

Sunday, May 11, 2014 1:43 PM
  • no there isnt.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Monday, May 12, 2014 8:53 AM

All replies

• In Windows Store Apps it is responsibility of application that is ShareTarget (in your case Facebook app) accept data do whatever it wants. This is done to make sharing independent of consumer. So you do not have control over how other app behaves. For email you may try mailto protocol based integration which will for sure invoke mail client.

refer http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_mailto

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Please 'Mark as Answer' if my post answers your question and 'Vote as Helpful' if it helps you. Happy Coding!!!

Sunday, May 11, 2014 1:43 PM
  • Thanks,

is there a way to use the ShareLinkTasks and EmailComposeTasks parallel to the share contract?

Hans-Peter

Monday, May 12, 2014 8:48 AM
  • no there isnt.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Monday, May 12, 2014 8:53 AM