How to reuse the previous ASP.NET website code?

• Last week, I developed a ASP.NET Web Forms application. The website was tested and ran only on my PC. Now I want to develop a metro style application for tablets, supporting the main features the website provided. using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. How can I make good use of the website code to develop a "thin" client application?Are the website's HTML pages reusable in this case?

Could you please give me some instructions?Thank you, guys!

• Moved by CoolDadTxMVP Monday, April 16, 2012 2:10 PM Metro related (From:Visual C# General)
    Monday, April 16, 2012 12:46 PM

• These technologies are very different.  Webforms and Metro do not mix at all, although the CSS, Javascript and pure HTML will transfer over with no issues.  The code-behind pages will not transfer much at all, since Metro used WinRT and a subset of .NET, while ASP.NET is it's own creature relying on the full power of .NET.  Furthermore, there's currently no DB support in Metro, so you'll be forced to use application storage.

There's not much to tell you other than try it out, see what works and what breaks.  You can post here if you're stumped by something.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:00 PM