Dataset Error - Designer.cs file uses incorrect code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Why do I constantly get the below errors when updating my windows form?

Code Snippet

Error 5: 'myErrors.myErrors.myDataSet' is a 'field' but is used like a 'type'

Error 6: The type name 'myDataSetTableAdapters' does not exist in the type 'myErrors.myErrors'

I make the changes in the designer.cs file and works fine. But always need to make these changes...

Code Snippet
    this
    .myDataSet = new myErrors.myDataSet();

changed to

Code Snippet

this.myDataSet = new myDataSet();

But each time I update the form this code reverts to the first one.

Why does this happen?

Thanks.

Monday, July 2, 2007 2:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

So far, myErrors.myDataSet(); seems to be another dataset called myDataSet in myErrors, while myDataSet (equal this.myDataSet) is the dataSet in current Form class as a member I guess.

Please check these two dataSets' scheme, they must be different, so you couldn't assign one to another.

Thanks

Thursday, July 5, 2007 1:51 AM

All replies

• Hi, obrienkev

What is "this.myErrors"?

What do you mean "update the form" update what?

I think the people around here have no idea, so you'd clarify your situation.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 2:48 AM
  • sorry.

this.myErrors is referring to the dataset called 'myErrors'

by 'update the form' I mean when I alter a form control e.g. change its size, font, etc.

thanks.

Wednesday, July 4, 2007 10:57 AM
  • Hi,

So far, myErrors.myDataSet(); seems to be another dataset called myDataSet in myErrors, while myDataSet (equal this.myDataSet) is the dataSet in current Form class as a member I guess.

Please check these two dataSets' scheme, they must be different, so you couldn't assign one to another.

Thanks

Thursday, July 5, 2007 1:51 AM